and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in Room 535T.
Validation stickers are issued in the Security Department, Room 530T during office hours. To obtain an ID card
and/or a validation sticker, students must present a validated Bursar Receipt, or a paid receipt from "One Stop",
while faculty and staff must present a current pay stub or a letter from the Department of Human Resources.
Although there is no charge for obtaining your first ID card, there is a $5.00 fee for a replacement ID card.
Security Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m
To access your email click the link below, enter your full email address for the username and "jj" and the last four digits of your social security number (i.e. jj1234) as the password. We highly recommend you visit https://jstop.jjay.cuny.edu/preset.php to allow you to reset a lost or forgotten email password without having to contacting the college technology service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org / 212.237.8200
Go to student email online
Go DOIT website page on email
John Jay maintains over 1200 computers for student usage throughout the campus. These computers are available in departmental labs, general computing labs, in cyber lounges, and in the form of laptops that can be borrowed by students. These computers, funded by the Student Technology Fee, are replaced every four years, guaranteeing that the resources students need to complete their academic work are up-to-date and fully functional. General maintenance, including software updates, is scheduled throughout the year, and technical support is available seven days a week for emergency repairs. For more information, please visit the links below.
- CLSS Student Computer Lab Center (Room 1404N)
- Departmental Computer Labs
- Cyber Cafe and Lounge Areas
Go to the CLSS Website
Download the Student Tech Handbook (3mb)
Department of Information Technology Student Orientation Technology Resource Guide
The student technology funded Laptop Loaner Program provides computers for short term use to John Jay College students. CLSS introduced the student program to provide an alternative personalized computing experience via compute-anywhere mobile computers (i.e. Laptops and Tablet PCs). For additional information, please click the link below:
Note: Effective October 21st, 2008, CLSS has extended the Laptop Loaner Program's loan time to 5 hours.
Laptop Loaner Registration
The DoIT Helpdesk does its best to resolve a problem when a call is received. If we are unable to resolve a user's issue then a work order is created and forwarded to the responsible area. A work order number will be assigned to you for your reference.
Help Desk Contact Information:
Phone: 212-237-8200 – a call processing message
The technology areas the Helpdesk Support are:
- Faculty, staff and student email
- Access and support for the CUNY Portal and Blackboard
- Note: Portal and Blackboard is hosted by CUNY. Service issues and delays are beyond our control at times
- Computer hardware and software technical support for college issued computers and laptops
- Telephone, voicemail and the college telephone directory
- Network and wireless connectivity issues
- John Jay hosted and supported applications and servers
- Classroom equipment problems
- Internet and Inside John Jay (Intranet) Support
- Special Events - Audio/Visual Services
- Instructional Support Technology Services Information
- Mainframe and web services